Getting started with the basics of editing templates.
To edit the template code files, go to: /themes/ folder and there you will see multiple theme folders. In this example we will go to the /default_theme/ folder and in there is the template files that make up this theme.
Templates have their own Bootstrap css & js, also different plugins for that template. There is only a few important files needed to make everything work:
- Header.php - This is the header of the template and is required.
- Footer.php - This is the footer of the template and is required.
- Full.php - This is the main content section of the template, pulling the header & footer into place and is required.
- Templates - This folder is needed and at least the blank.tpl file inside of it, so you can create new website pages and is required.
- Optional Files - 404 file (page does exist), links file (pre-populate navbar links), description & screenshot image, and blocks folder (override block images)
BuilderEngine Template system is modelled closely after the Bootstrap Framework and makes it easier than most to bring your bootstrap templates into the platform.